The video provided by Amy Kindschi of the University of Wisconsin – Madison addresses the topic of How to Find the Information That’s Out There. Accompanying slides for the video can be dowloaded here: Download Slides
WEB RESOURCES on “Literature Searches”
- The engineering library at University of Wisconsin – Madison, Wendt Library, provides numerous shortcuts to engineering databases, a short video on literature types and more!
- From the University of Wisconsin – Madison library website, short videos and other guides for finding and evaluating literature sources.
- A short video on Searching Using Boolean Operators
Reading a Journal Article
The video provided by Professor Wendy Crone of the University of Wisconsin – Madison addresses the topic of Reading Journal Articles. Accompanying slides for the video can be dowloaded here: Download Slides
PRINT RESOURCES on “READING A JOURNAL ARTICLE”
- Suggested Readings and Activities
WEB RESOURCES on “READING A JOURNAL ARTICLE”
- From the National University of Singapore Centre for Development of Teaching and Learning website, a brief outline on reading journal articles
- From the Indiana University South Bend library website, a short handout on how to read critically, “Don’t Believe Everything You Read: Ideas for Reading Critically”
- From the Iowa State University library website, a guide to critical reading of print information sources
- From the University of Wollongong, Australia UniLearning website, strategies for reading journal articles, including examples
- From the homepage of Dr. Laurel S. Collins, Prof. of Paleontology, Florida International University, tips on how to read and evaluate a scientific article
Intellectual Property for Design
The video provided by Stephanie Whitehorse of the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) addresses the aspects of intellectual property rights and responsibilities specific to engineering design. Slides to accompany the video can be downloaded here: Download Slides
Intellectual Property Agreements
The video provided by Jeanine Burmania of the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) addresses intellectual property agreements common to engineering design. Slides to accompany the presentation can be downloaded here: Download Slides
Patent Application Process
The video provided by Professor Justin Williams of the University of Wisconsin – Madison discusses the process of applying for a patent.